Hi people, welcome back to the most complete receipes site. If you are looking for yummy Lemon Thyme Chicken & Mashed Squash recipe, you are now at the best place. We only serve excellent Lemon Thyme Chicken & Mashed Squash recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lemon thyme chicken & mashed squash recipe. You can have lemon thyme chicken & mashed squash using 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a appetizing Lemon Thyme Chicken & Mashed Squash:
- Prepare of Lemon Thyme Chicken.
- Use 6 of chicken thighs.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic mashed.
- You need 1 tablespoon of lemon zest.
- You need 1 of lemon sliced.
- Get 2 tbsps of olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme dried or fresh.
- Get 1/4 tsp of oregano dried.
- Prepare to taste of Salt Pepper and.
- Take 200 C of Preheat the oven to.
- Use 1 of squash medium to large.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- Provide 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of unsalted better.
- Take 3 tbsps of milk.
- You need 4 tbsps of cheese mascarpone.
- Provide to taste of Salt pepper and.
- You need of Olive Oil.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the procedures on preparing Lemon Thyme Chicken & Mashed Squash:
- In a large bowl, mix together the thighs, mashed garlic cloves, the zest, a tbsp of olive oil, thyme, oregano, salt and the pepper. Allow it to marinate for 30mins in the fridge.
- Pour the left over tbsp of olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet, or if you don't have an oven safe one, a regular skillet is fine :).
- Place the thighs skin side down on the pan and allow it to cook for about 5-6mins. Don't flip the chicken before that, the skin will get a nice golden brown.
- Flip the chicken over and add the sliced lemon and allow it to cook for another 7-8mins.
- If your skillet is oven safe, place it straight in the oven – if not transfer the thighs and everything else into a oven safe dish and allow it to roast for another 20mins.
- Two options to cook the squash:.
- A) Chop the squash into small cubes, toss together with some olive oil, salt and pepper and then place on a baking tray evenly (don't dump it on the tray!) along with the garlic cloves and roast at 200C. 15mins into the baking, add the thyme and continue baking.
- B) Boil the squash and garlic in a pot of boiling water.
- Whichever option you go with, once its cooked, mash the squash and the garlic together to your desired consistency. I put it in the food processor for a quick even mash so the two year won't complain that it wasn't smooth.
- While its hot, add the butter, milk and mascarpone and season with the salt and pepper and give it all a good stir. If you have boiled the squash, add the thyme along with these ingredients.
- If there isn't mascarpone available where you live, use sour cream, it works fine.
- When its ready to serve, put some mash on a plate and then the chicken right on top. A salad, some garlic bread will make this complete and will definitely leave everyone extremely satisfied.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a good meal. If you find this site helpful Sharing this web page to your mates is the deal Hope that your Lemon Thyme Chicken & Mashed Squash makes your day joyful.