Hi people, welcome back to the most interesting receipes page. If you are searching for tasty Tomato and Brinjal Sauce recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only provide excellent Tomato and Brinjal Sauce recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to tomato and brinjal sauce recipe. You can cook tomato and brinjal sauce using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to cook a perfect Tomato and Brinjal Sauce:
- Provide 4 of brinjals.
- Take 3 of onions, cut into medium dice.
- You need 2 of carrots, peeled and cut into medium dice.
- You need 1 of green pepper, cut into medium dice.
- Take 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Get 2 of fresh green chilies, cut finely.
- Take 2 cans of chopped tomatoes with herbs.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- Take 2 tsp of chicken stock powder (I use Ina Paarman).
- Take Bunch of fresh basil.
- Provide 3 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- Provide to taste of Salt and pepper.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on producing Tomato and Brinjal Sauce:
- Cut brinjals into quarters and sprinkle with salt to remove bitterness. Leave it to stand for about 10 minutes.
- In a cast iron pot or any large pot melt the butter in medium high heat and cook the onions. They should be cooked and translucent and not brown.
- Add the carrots and peppers and cook for 5 minutes (until the carrots start to soften a bit).
- Add the brinjals and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chilli, garlic and stock powder and mix well so all the vegetables get some flavour.
- Pour the two cans of crushed tomatoes into the pot, and fill the cans with water, which also gets added to the pot.
- Add the basil and thyme and bring the mixture to a boil. Cover the pot with the lid and reduce the heat to let it simmer.
- Simmer for about 40 minutes or until all the veggies are soft and the mixture resembles a chunky sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- As it is a big batch I used some to toss through pasta (and topped with feta cheese) and froze the remaining sauce into portions for future meals.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a delicious meal. If you find this web site useful Sharing this page to your acquaintances is the deal Hope that your Tomato and Brinjal Sauce turns your day joyful.