Hello friends, welcome back to the most complete receipes internet site. If you are searching for best Chicken Pilaf recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only prepare excellent Chicken Pilaf recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken pilaf recipe. To cook chicken pilaf you need 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to cook a delicious Chicken Pilaf:
- Prepare 1 of large knob butter.
- Get 3 of banana shallots, diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Provide 1 of leek, sliced.
- Provide 1 stick of celery, sliced.
- Take 150 g of unsmoked bacon, diced.
- Use 150 g of chestnut mushrooms, sliced.
- Get 2 of peppers (one each red & green), deseeded and sliced.
- Provide 300 g of cooked chicken, diced.
- You need 250 g of long-grain rice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sumac.
- Get 1 tsp of Salt.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Ground black pepper.
- Prepare 250 ml of dry white wine.
- You need 600 ml of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 of large tomato, cut into wedges.
- Prepare of Coriander or parsley to garnish (optional – I omitted this time).
Done with the ingridients? Here are the steps on serving Chicken Pilaf:
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 3 or electric equivalent (Circotherm 150C).
- Melt the butter in a casserole and gently fry the shallots for 4 minutes,stirring only to avoid sticking..
- Add the garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes, stirring gently..
- Stir in the leek and continue frying for another 2 minutes. Then add the celery and bacon, stirring occasionally, and after 3 minutes stir in the mushrooms, then the peppers. Stir all gently but thoroughly for 1 minute..
- Add the chicken, rice, sumac, salt and pepper. Stir thoroughly again..
- Add wine and stock and bring to the boil. Cover and put in oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice cooked..
- Check after around 25 minutes that the rice mixture hasn’t “run dry”. It rarely happens but, if so, just add a splash or two of water. This is not a risotto so the aim is not to have a “wet” plate of food, just nice, fluffy, moist rice..
- Top with the tomato wedges and, if wished, coriander or parsley garnish. Serve onto warmed plates..
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a well done meal. If you find this page useful Sharing this web site to your mates is the deal Wish that your Chicken Pilaf turns your day cheerful.