Hello bro n sis, back with us in the most complete receipes web site. If you are looking for yummy Kentucky Inspired Fried Taters with Cheese and Bacon recipe, you are now at the right place. We only provide excellent Kentucky Inspired Fried Taters with Cheese and Bacon recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kentucky inspired fried taters with cheese and bacon recipe. You can cook kentucky inspired fried taters with cheese and bacon using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to serve a heavenly Kentucky Inspired Fried Taters with Cheese and Bacon:
- Provide 2 of large whole potatoes – if russets, peel. If a thin-skinned potato, your call.
- Take 2 Tbsps of kosher salt.
- Prepare 4 slices of thick-cut bacon – diced.
- You need 1 of shallot or small onion – quartered and sliced thin.
- Use of OPTIONAL: ~1 scant cup other veggies if you like (I don’t do this but it’s your dinner – BE A BOSS!!).
- Prepare to taste of Salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (I like to mix medium cheddar and Monterey Jack – and I like to use more cheese 🧀🧀🧀).
- Prepare of ~1-2 or more Tbsps butter (your call if you use salted or unsalted butter – just NO margarine).
- Get of Beverage of your choice.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the sequences on cooking Kentucky Inspired Fried Taters with Cheese and Bacon:
- Par-cook your taters. I like to put mine in a saucepan, cover with cold water and add the 2 Tbsps kosher salt. Bring to a boil and cook for ~10 mins. Remove taters, set aside to cool completely (at least 3 hours – can be done a few days in advance and chilled). Then cut in half lengthwise and slice into 1/2 inch “half moons”. Set aside..
- Pour yourself a drink – you deserve it. You’re making dinner!!.
- In a large fry pan, cook diced bacon low and slow (well, actually medium low heat) to render out the fat (you’ll need ~ 3 Tbsps fat). Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon and add to a plate lined with paper towels..
- Add to the bacon fat your sliced shallots or onion (and veggies if you so choose). Sauté on medium heat until tender. Remove to a bowl and set aside..
- Take sip – I’m thirsty! 🍹🍹.
- Add 1 Tbsps butter to the fry pan and add your first layer of cooled tater-half-moons. Do NOT crowd the pan. Season lightly with salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Brown to your liking on one side, then flip and and brown lightly. Remove to a separate plate. Repeat with following layers, add more butter if needed. Keep going until the last layer of potatoes are in the fry pan and flipped..
- Add all the fried taters and veggies back to the pan and cover with cheese. Turn heat down to low or medium-low (you know your stove) and cover with a lid for ~3-5 mins until cheese is melted. Or if you prefer brown and bubbly, put your OVEN-SAFE pan under the broiler uncovered for a few minutes (DO NOT LEAVE UNSUPERVISED – or have really good home/renters insurance).
- Phew!!!! That was stressful! I need a drink..
- Top your amazing taters and cheese with the cooked bacon. By this time you need a refill 🍸. Then plate and enjoy!.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a enjoyable meal. If you find this internet site useful Sharing this page to your families is the deal Hope that your Kentucky Inspired Fried Taters with Cheese and Bacon makes your day cheerful.