Greetings to everyone out there, back with us in the most pleasing receipes web page. If you are searching for yummy Piña Calada Cake recipe, you are now at the right place. We only serve excellent Piña Calada Cake recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to piña calada cake recipe. You can cook piña calada cake using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to cook a appetizing Piña Calada Cake:
- Provide of <Butter Cake>.
- Prepare of *I used my ‘Basic Butter Cake’ recipe.
- Get 125 g of Butter *cut into small pieces, softened at room temperature.
- Get 1/2-1 cup of Caster Sugar *1/2 cup is sweet enough for me, but you may wish to add 1 cup.
- Get of Flavour *e.g. 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract OR 1 tablespoon Rum.
- Use 2 of large Eggs *room temperature.
- Get 1/2 cup of Butter Milk *room temperature.
- Prepare 1 of & 1/2 cups Self-Raising Flour.
- You need of <Pineapple Filling>.
- You need 1 can of (*440g) Crushed Pineapple.
- Provide 2-3 tablespoons of Caster Sugar.
- Get 1 tablespoon of Corn Starch.
- Prepare of Rum.
- Prepare of <Decoration>.
- Get of *Note: You can use Butter Cream instead of Whipped Cream.
- Take 1-2 tablespoons of Caster Sugar *optional.
- Prepare 1 cup of Thickened Cream *whipped.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Rum.
- Provide 1 cup of Sweetened Flaked Coconut.
- Get of Fresh Cherries, Glacé Cherries, Pineapple, etc.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on serving Piña Calada Cake:
- Butter Cake: Preheat oven to 170°C. Line the base and sides of a 18cm springform cake tin with baking paper. The baking paper on the sides need to be at least 10cm in height. *Note: To help the cake to raise evenly, you can butter the baking paper on the sides..
- Beat the softened Butter in a mixing bowl with a whisk until smooth. Add Sugar and Vanilla Extract OR Rum, and beat until creamy. Add Eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition..
- Add Butter Milk and Self-Raising Flour, and mix well. Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through. *Note: If you add 1 cup Sugar, the cake might turn too dark. Cover with a sheet of Foil..
- Stand the cake in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool..
- While the oven is still hot, spread Sweetened Flaked Coconut on a baking tray and toast for 3 minutes, toss and mix, then toast further 2-3 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside and cool..
- Pineapple Filling: Place Crushed Pineapple with juice, Caster Sugar and Corn Starch in a saucepan, mix well. Heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens. Set aside and cool..
- Whipped Cream: Use an electric beater or a whisk to beat cream in a large bowl until firm peaks form. *Note: You may wish to add 1-2 tablespoons Caster Sugar to the cream before beating..
- If you prefer, use Butter Cream instead of Whipped Cream. See my ‘Meringue Butter Cream’ or ‘Egg-Free Butter Cream’ recipe..
- Assembly: Cut the Butter Cake into 3 or 4 slices. Place 1st layer of cake on a serving plate and drizzle over Rum. Spread the pineapple filling. Repeat with remaining layers, then finish with the top layer of the cake..
- Spread some cream over the top and sides of the cake. Cover with the toasted Coconut Flakes. Decorate with the remaining cream, Cherries and Pineapple. Today I used Glacé Cherries..
- Note: Maraschino Cherries are often used for decorating Piña Calada Cake, but I think Maraschino Cherries are disgusting. Find out how they are produced..
A recipe is a good story that ends with a well done meal. If you find this web site useful Sharing this web site to your acquaintances is the deal Hope that your Piña Calada Cake makes your day joyful.