What’s up guys, back with us in the most perfect receipes site. If you are looking for excellent Christmas Pudding recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only prepare excellent Christmas Pudding recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to christmas pudding recipe. You can cook christmas pudding using 18 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you do it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to make a delicious Christmas Pudding:
- Provide 8 oz of shredded suet, vegetarian is fine.
- Use 1 of dessert spoon mixed spice.
- Provide 1/2 tea spoon of grated nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 tea spoon of ground cinnamon.
- Get 4 oz of self raising flour.
- Provide 1 lb of soft Brown sugar (I used muscovado).
- Take 12 oz of white breadcrumbs (from stale bread) **.
- Provide 12 oz of sultanas.
- Take 1 lb of currants.
- Provide 4 oz of glace cherries, quartered.
- Provide 2 oz of chopped almonds.
- Get 2 oz of chopped candied mixed peel.
- Get of Finely grated peel (zest) of 1 orange and 1 lemon.
- You need 1 of green Apple, peeled cored and finely chopped.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Use 10 fl oz of stout (I used Guinness) ##.
- Prepare 4 Tablespoons of brandy or dark rum, or substitute orange juice.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of brandy or rum, for 'Flaming'. Optional.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the sequences on producing Christmas Pudding:
- Place first seven ingredients in a large bowl, mix thoroughly, you can use your hands for this, add the fruit, candied peel and nuts, mix well, add the Apple and grated peel. Mix well, use a wooden spoon now..
- In another bowl or jug whisk the eggs, add the stout and brandy / rum and whisk again..
- Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well. Mixture should be 'dropping consistency, I.e just drop off spoon. If too stiff add drop more stout or orange juice..
- It is traditional for all family members to 'Stir and make a wish' at this point.
- Cover bowl with cling film or a damp cloth, leave overnight for flavours to develope, stir again..
- Grease two 2 pint pudding basins, fill to brim with mixture, pack it down if necessary, cover with a disc of greaseproof paper, cover with aluminium foil or a pudding cloth, tie with string below the rim,fold the foil or cloth over the top. If using a flat bottom basin you can place a disc of greaseproof paper at the bottom to ease tipping out the pudding, remove before step 11 ignition !.
- You now have a choice, either steam the puddings for 8 hours, make sure they don't boil dry. Or, cook in a pressure cooker, cook without pressure for 30 minutes, then at full (15 lb) pressure for 90 minutes..
- When cooked and cooled remove foil/ cloth and paper and replace with fresh. Store in a cool, dry place, will keep 12 months or more if stored correctly..
- When required either steam for two hours or pressure cook at full (15lb) pressure for 20 minutes, allow to de-pressurise before opening..
- Remove foil / cloth and paper, place a large plate on top, invert and shake out pudding..
- Now the 'Best Bit, pour over two tablespoons of brandy or rum and carefully ignite. This step is optional.Allow to flame out, cut in to wedges and serve..
- Serve with your choice of custard, cream(whipped or runny) and/ or brandy butter..
- This pudding is very rich, so be aware when serving !.
- Will post photo of 'actual' pudding when dished up on Christmas day (if I remember !).
- If you don't have a stale loaf, make breadcrumbs from fresh bread and dry, without colouring, in a low oven. *.
- ## You can use 5 fl oz Barley wine (if you can find it !) and 5 fl oz stout ##.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a appetizing meal. If you find this page helpful Sharing this site to your mates is the deal Wish that your Christmas Pudding makes your day cheerful.