What’s up friends, welcome back to the most interesting receipes internet site. If you are looking for tasty Western Style Lentil Soup recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only prepare excellent Western Style Lentil Soup recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to western style lentil soup recipe. To make western style lentil soup you only need 13 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you do it.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to make a yummy Western Style Lentil Soup:
- Get 2 of Bay leaves.
- Take of Lentils (orange and green).
- Use of Corn.
- Take of Lemon (cut in half).
- You need 1 of Potato.
- Prepare 1 of Carrot.
- You need 2 of tomato.
- Get 1/2 of yellow capsicum/bell pepper.
- Provide 2 pieces of Ginger.
- Take of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Chopped garlic.
- Prepare of Brown sugar.
- Prepare of basil herbs.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on producing Western Style Lentil Soup:
- Boil water for the soup base.
- Chop the vegetables (potato, carrot, capsicum) and chop the garlic.
- Cut tomatoes removing the seeds and the jelly.
- Break the bay leaves in half and put them into the hot water (turn off the heat) and put lid on.
- Cut 2 pieces of ginger.
- Pan fry the ginger with olive oil.
- After moving it around in the pan for a bit, remove get rid of the ginger.
- Pan fry the chopped garlic.
- Stir fry the potatoes and carrots.
- Add yellow bell peppers to the mix.
- Sprinkle a bit of black pepper and salt.
- Add the tomatoes last to the stir fry.
- Sprinkle a bit of brown sugar.
- Add water (room temperature) to the mix just enough to cover the ingredients in the pan.
- Add basil herbs.
- Let it boil.
- Add lentils to the pot of boiled water.
- Add the cooked vegetables into the pot.
- Cook with lid slightly opened.
- Note: time taken to cook lentil soup depends on how much ingredients you have and how big of a pot.
- This recipe will take 30-45minutes to cook in the pot.
- The way to check if it's ready or not is to see if the potatoes and carrots are soft already.
- Add corn into the pot.
- After adding the corn, taste the soup.
- Add 1tsp of soy sauce.
- Add 1/2 tsp of vinegar.
- Add extra salt and brown sugar as you wish.
- Lastly, add a bit of lemon juice.
Lentil soup is a staple soup in the Middle East. It is made with the same lentils that us Southeast Asians use for daal but made the way classic soups are made. It is made light and fresh with freshly squeezed lemon juice and fresh parsley. Home >> Middle Eastern Lentil Soup. Lebanese-Style Red Lentil Soup Lebanese-Style Red Lentil Soup.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a delicious meal. If you find this site fruitful Sharing this web site to your acquaintances is the deal Wish that your Western Style Lentil Soup turns your day joyful.