Hi people, back with us in the most excellent receipes internet site. If you are searching for pleasing Lentil lamb shank recipe, you are now at the right place. We only serve excellent Lentil lamb shank recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil lamb shank recipe. You can cook lentil lamb shank using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a yummy Lentil lamb shank:
- Take 2 of lamb shanks.
- Provide 100 gm of roughly cut chorizo sausage.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Take 1 of medium onion, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of grated tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of whole cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of whole mustard seeds.
- Provide 10 of cloves.
- Get 1/2 tsp of lightly crushed black peppercorns.
- Get 1 stick of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Get 1 cup of yellow lentils (split peas).
- Get 2 of carrots sliced fresh.
- Get 200 ml of coconut milk.
- Take 3/4 cup of water.
- Take 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Provide 2 tsp of chilli powder.
- Get 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Provide 3 tsp of ginger and garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 of red and 1 green chilli crushed.
- Provide to taste of Salt.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the steps on serving Lentil lamb shank:
- Set pressure cooker to braise and add in the oil and heat. Then brown the lamb shank and add the chorizo sausage..
- Once browned, add in the onions, cumin, mustard seeds, cloves, peppercorns, cinnamon stick, ginger and garlic paste, crushed chillies, bay leaves and stir to lightly fry..
- Once onion becomes translucent, add in the grated tomato, chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin, coriander powder and salt to taste. Stir and add in the water. Close pressure cooker and change setting to tendon which will cook for 30 minutes..
- Once stopped, release pressure and open cooker then add in the washed lentils, carrots and coconut milk. Submerge in liquid and cook for a further 30 minutes on the same setting..
- Once it stops, lentils should be soft and meat very tender. If not allow to cook for a further 15 to 30 minutes ensuring that there is sufficient liquid in the pot. Note to not add too much liquid..
- Once ready, serve on a bed of mash, cous cous or rice as per preference. Note I served on a bed of coconut rice with a side of salad and a squeeze of lemon over the shank. Enjoy!.
Lower heat and add onions, garlic and carrots, and cook Drain and rinse lentils then add them to the saucepan with the bay leaf. Follow us on: Lamb Shanks, Red Lentils and Broccolini. Lightly coat lamb shanks with flour. Top with a lamb shank and sprinkle with parsley, if using, to serve. Lamb shank was a forgotten cut until celebrity chefs and trendy restaurants brought it back from oblivion.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a good meal. If you find this web page helpful Sharing this web site to your families is the deal Hope that your Lentil lamb shank turns your day joyful.