Hi people, welcome back to the most pleasing receipes web site. If you are looking for yummy Chilli con Carne recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only provide excellent Chilli con Carne recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chilli con carne recipe. To cook chilli con carne you need 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Here are the ingridients that are required to make a remarkably good Chilli con Carne:
- Take 1 of large onion cut into small dice, about 5mm square.
- Get 1 of red pepper cut into small squares.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- Take 1 of heaped tsp hot chili powder (or 1 level tbsp if you only have mild).
- Get 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Get 500 g of lean minced beef.
- Provide 1 of beef stock cube dissolved in 300 mL of water.
- Provide 400 g of can chopped tomatoes.
- Use 1/2 tsp of dried marjoram.
- Take 1 tsp of sugar.
- Get 1 tsp of instant coffee.
- Take 2 tbsp of tomato purée.
- You need 410 g of can red kidney beans.
- Get of plain boiled long grain rice, to serve.
- Use of soured cream, to serve.
- You need 1 packet of tortillas.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on serving Chilli con Carne:
- In a pan, on the hob over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp oil and leave it for 1-2 minutes until hot. Add the onion and cook, stirring fairly frequently, for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft, squidgy, and slightly translucent..
- Add in the garlic, red pepper, hot chili powder or mild chili powder, smoked paprika, ground cumin. Give it a good stir, then leave it to cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Brown 500g lean minced beef. Turn the heat up a bit, add the meat to the pan and break it up with your spoon or spatula. The mix should sizzle a bit when you add the mince..
- Keep stirring for at least 5 minutes, until all the mince is in uniform, mince-sized lumps and there are no more pink bits. Make sure you keep the heat hot enough for the meat to fry and become brown, rather than just stew..
- Make the sauce. Crumble the beef stock cube into 300ml hot water. Pour this into the pan with the mince mixture..
- Add the can of chopped tomatoes. Add dried marjoram, instant coffee, sugar, and add salt and pepper to your taste. Add the tomato purée and stir the sauce well..
- Simmer it gently. Bring the whole thing to the boil, give it a good stir and put a lid on the pan. Turn down the heat until it is gently bubbling and leave it for 20 minutes..
- Check on the pan occasionally to stir it and make sure the sauce doesn’t catch on the bottom of the pan or isn’t drying out. If it is, add a couple of tablespoons of water and make sure that the heat really is low enough. After simmering gently, the saucy mince mixture should look thick, moist and juicy..
- Drain and rinse the red kidney beans in a sieve and stir them into the chili pot. Bring to the boil again, and gently bubble without the lid for another 10 minutes, adding a little more water if it looks too dry..
- Now replace the lid, turn off the heat and leave your chilli to stand for 10 minutes before serving. This is really important as it allows the flavours to mingle. Serve with soured cream, tortillas, cheddar on top and plain boiled long grain rice..
Chili Con Carne is a great way to use up extra ingredients in your kitchen. It may take a while to prepare, but the results are well worth it. Because you end up with such a large amount, it is perfect. This hearty chili has just the right level of spice. Chilli con carne is an all-time favourite party dish that's incredibly easy to make, served here with a little grated chocolate for a bit of Mexican authenticity.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a well done meal. If you find this web site helpful Sharing this web page to your acquaintances is the deal Wish that your Chilli con Carne turns your day cheerful.