Hello friends, welcome back to the most complete receipes blog. If you are searching for interesting Walnut and raisin roll (beigli) recipe, you are now at the best place. We only prepare excellent Walnut and raisin roll (beigli) recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to walnut and raisin roll (beigli) recipe. To make walnut and raisin roll (beigli) you only need 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to make a tasty Walnut and raisin roll (beigli):
- You need of For the dough:.
- Prepare 500 g of flour.
- Prepare 250 g of butter.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Provide 60 g of fine sugar.
- Get 10 g of yeast.
- Take 200 ml of lukewarm milk.
- Get of grated lemon zest.
- Take pinch of salt.
- Get of For the filling:.
- Take 100 g of fine sugar.
- Provide 100 ml of milk.
- You need 30 g of raisins.
- You need half of a lemon zest.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Provide 300 of ground walnuts.
- Use tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of apricot jam.
- Take 1 of egg yolk for glazing.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the sequences on serving Walnut and raisin roll (beigli):
- Dissolve the sugar in the lukewarm milk, then add the yeast. Mix the remaining dough ingredients with the yeast mixture and knead thoroughly. Cover the dough with a dish cloth and leave to rise for about 30 minutes..
- Whilst the dough is resting make the walnut filling. In a small pan mix milk, sugar, vanilla and bring to a boil. Add the lemon zest, raisins, cinnamon, nuts, and apricot jam. Stir, then put it aside to cool. Divide the dough into four and roll out each piece into a rectangle measuring about 12 x 14 inches/30 x 35 cm..
- Spread the dough with the walnut filling and roll up lengthwise. Line your baking sheet with baking paper (parchment paper) and carefully transfer the rolls onto the sheet and brush with egg yolk..
- Bake in a preheated 180c oven for about 35-45 minutes or until golden brown. If kept covered and stored in a cool, dry place your beigli will stay fresh for a long time. Sprinkle with icing sugar and slice just before serving..
Maybe the Hungarian beigli was the inspiration for the Romanian cozonac, I cannot say, but they are both really delicious! You will find similar pastry rolls filled with poppy seeds or walnuts all over Eastern Europe. This Hungarian Walnut Roll Beigli is a traditional Christmas treat only baked during this season. This time gluten, yeast and refined sugar free. Christmas just isn't what it should be for me without this Hungarian Walnut Roll Beigli.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a enjoyable meal. If you find this web site helpful Sharing this web page to your families is the deal Wish that your Walnut and raisin roll (beigli) turns your day cheerful.