What’s up buddy, welcome back to the most perfect receipes internet site. If you are looking for complete Hot Cross Buns recipe, you are now at the best place. We only prepare excellent Hot Cross Buns recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hot cross buns recipe. You can cook hot cross buns using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Here are the ingridients that are required to make a perfect Hot Cross Buns:
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raisins.
- You need 3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Take 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Take 1/4 cup of white sugar.
- Get 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk of choice.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Use 4 1/4 tsp of active dry yeast.
- Get 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Use 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- Get 3/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- Use 1/4 tsp of ginger.
- Get 1 of egg for eggwash.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on cooking Hot Cross Buns:
- Combine the water and milk in a mediumsaucepan and warm over low heat until about 100°F (but no more than 110 degrees). Remove from heat and sprinkle the yeast and a pinch of sugar and flour over the surface of the liquid. Set aside without stirring, until foamy and rising up the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes..
- Whisk the butter, egg yolk and vanilla into the yeast mixture..
- Whisk the flour, the remaining sugar, salt,nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour and stir in the yeast mixture with a wooden spoon to make a thick, shaggy, and slightly sticky dough. Stir in currants. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until soft and elastic, about 8 minutes. Shape into a ball..
- Brush the inside of a large bowl with butter. Put dough in bowl, turning to coat lightly with butter. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise at room temperature until doubled in size, about 1 hour 30 minutes. (If you have a marker, trace a circle the size of the dough on the plastic, and note the time to help you keep track.).
- To form the rolls: Butter a 9 by 14-inch baking pan. Turn the dough out of the bowl and pat into a rectangle about 16 by 8 inches. Divide the dough into 12 equal portions, about 2 ounces each, with a pizzawheel or bench scraper. (If you don't have a scale, divide the dough in half lengthwise, then in half crosswise. Cut each of those four sections into 3 equal-sized rolls.).
- Tuck the edges of the dough under to make round rolls and place them seam-side down in the prepared pan, leaving a little space in between each roll. Cover the pan with buttered plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place until the rolls rise almost to the rim of the pan and have more than doubled in size, about 45 minutes..
- Meanwhile, position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375°F.Remove the plastic wrap and brush the tops of the buns with beaten egg. Bake rolls until golden brown and puffy, and an instant read thermometer inserted into the center of the rolls registers 190°F, about 25 minutes..
- To make glaze: I whisked toegther some cream cheese along with powdered sugar and a few tbsp of milk (more or less depending on your desired consistency).
These Hot Cross Buns are way better than the stock standard ones you buy from grocery stores. Those are pumped with preservatives and have a distinct artificial flavour about them. Our hot cross buns recipe is easy-to-follow and makes the ultimate spiced, Easter treat. This sweetly spiced hot cross buns recipe takes a little effort but it's worth it. Classic hot cross buns, perfect for Easter.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a delicious meal. If you find this web page useful Sharing this page to your friends is the deal Wish that your Hot Cross Buns makes your day joyful.