What’s up guys, welcome back to the most complete receipes page. If you are looking for tasty Hot Cross Buns recipe, you are now at the right place. We only provide excellent Hot Cross Buns recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hot cross buns recipe. You can have hot cross buns using 27 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to produce a tasty Hot Cross Buns:
- Provide of Buns.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- Provide 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- Get 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of active dry yeast.
- Get 2 cup of flour.
- Provide 100 grams of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Use 1 of eggs.
- Provide 1 tsp of salt.
- Use 3 tbsp of mixed spice.
- Use 2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cloves.
- Get 1 tsp of cocoa.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Provide 1/2 cup of raisins.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sultanas.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of currants.
- Provide 75 grams of glace mixed peel.
- Use 3 cup of flour (warmed).
- Get of Pastry Crosses.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- Use 70 grams of butter (chilled).
- Get 1/4 cup of water (chilled).
- Use of Glaze.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of caster sugar.
- You need 6 tbsp of milk.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the sequences on serving Hot Cross Buns:
- Set oven to 220°c. Place flour in oven to heat while working through the recipe..
- Mix boiling water, milk, sugar in a large bowl. Sprinkle over the the yeast. Leave to stand until bubbles appear..
- Add 2 cups of flour to the yeast mixture and mix well..
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl. Add egg, salt spices and vanilla. Mix well..
- Combine the spice/butter mixture with the yeast mixture. Add fruit and mix with well..
- Add most of the warmed flour to create a firm dough. Tip out onto a flowered bench and knead for 10 minutes. Cover with cling film and leave to rise until doubled in size..
- Knock dough down. Cut into 20 pieces and form into buns. Cover with cling film. Leave to double in size..
- While the buns rise make the pastry for the crosses. Add flour to a food processor. Cut butter into 9 cubes. Add to flour. Pulse to mix butter into the flour. While pulsing, add water in a stream until a bread crumb consistency is reached. Check that squeezing crumbs together will form a ball. Tip onto a floured bench and form into a ball. Refrigerate until the buns have risen..
- Roll pastry to around 3mm thin. Cut strips of pastry 1cm in width and long enough to cross the top of a bun. Brush milk onto pastry and place crosses on each bun..
- Cook buns at 220°c for 10-12 minutes..
- While the buns cook make the glaze. Mix sugar and milk in a pot and boil for 2 minutes..
- When buns are cooked generously brush glaze over buns while still hot. Place on a cooling rack..
These Hot Cross Buns are way better than the stock standard ones you buy from grocery stores. Those are pumped with preservatives and have a distinct artificial flavour about them. Our hot cross buns recipe is easy-to-follow and makes the ultimate spiced, Easter treat. This sweetly spiced hot cross buns recipe takes a little effort but it's worth it. Classic hot cross buns, perfect for Easter.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a good meal. If you find this internet site useful Sharing this web page to your families is the deal Hope that your Hot Cross Buns makes your day joyful.