Hi people, back with us in the most interesting receipes site. If you are looking for pleasing Gorda's Cali style beer battered fish tacos recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only prepare excellent Gorda's Cali style beer battered fish tacos recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to gorda's cali style beer battered fish tacos recipe. To make gorda's cali style beer battered fish tacos you only need 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
Here are the ingridients that are required to produce a perfect Gorda's Cali style beer battered fish tacos:
- Use of beer battered fish.
- Get 3 lb of skinless & boneless fish fillets cut into strips (I like Cod or halibut for this but I have also used mahi mahi, snapper & tilapia which all work well).
- Prepare 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Provide 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of mustard powder.
- Take 2 cup of beer.
- Use 1 of oil for frying.
- Use 1 of Corn Tortillas *1per fish taco*.
- Prepare 2 cup of finely shredded cabbage.
- Provide 1 of *OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS* (Diced white onions, tomatoes & limes can be used for garnish along with the cabbage already listed).
- Provide of Chipotle cream sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Crema Mexicana (can use sour cream *I like Daisy light sour cream*.
- Prepare 1 of Chipotles in adobo sauce. *add to your liking (may add chopped chipotles to crema sauce if desired).
Done with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on serving Gorda's Cali style beer battered fish tacos:
- In large mixing bowl combine Flour, salt, black pepper, mustard powder & beer. Mix well till forms semi thick batter..
- Get pot ready for frying & put enough oil to fry fish in & heat till very hot *about 375°F if checking with thermometer* I used a heavy bottom sauce pan..
- Dip each piece of fish in batter (let excess batter drain off) & slowly slide in hot oil. Do not crowd pot, fry only about 3 pieces at a time. Fry till golden crispy about 2-3 minutes per side. Drain excess oil on paper towels..
- Heat pan to warm up tortillas. Heat till pliable (about half minute on both sides). Stack warm tortillas on a plate and cover till finished warming the rest..
- To make the Chipotle cream sauce:Put half cup of Crema Mexicana(OR sour cream & remember you can also use mayo to make a chipotle mayo sauce) in bowl big enough to get your mix on. Add adobo sauce from chipotles to crema & mix well. The more adobo sauce you add the hotter cream sauce will be. If you can handle heat you can also use some of the Chipotles. Just remove the seeds, finely chop and mix it right in. This can also be done in a food processor for a smoother consistency. For easy storage, I just mix everything up in the same container the crema or sour cream came in..
- To assemble fish taco: Put warm tortillas on plate & place piece of fish in center, drizzle a bit of the chipotle crema (or chipotle mayo) on fish then top with cabbage & other optional ingredients, add more crema to your liking and don't forget to squeeze some lime on them bad boys! Enjoy!!!.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a good meal. If you find this internet site helpful Sharing this web site to your families is the deal Hope that your Gorda's Cali style beer battered fish tacos makes your day joyful.