Hi people, welcome back to the most pleasing receipes site. If you are looking for yummy French Onion Skillet recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only serve excellent French Onion Skillet recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion skillet recipe. You can have french onion skillet using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Here are the ingridients that are required to produce a delicious French Onion Skillet:
- Provide 2 Tbsp. of butter.
- Provide of Dense bread, cubed, enough to cover bottom of cast iron skillet.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of cubed, shredded, minced, sliced meat of your choice.
- You need 1 (10 1/2 oz.) of can French Onion soup.
- Prepare 6-8 oz. of Sour cream.
- You need 8 oz. of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- Get of Optional:.
- You need of Mushrooms.
- You need of Onions.
- Use of Thyme.
- Get of Substitions:.
- Prepare of Bread cubes can be substituted with boxed stuffing mixes.
- Take of Provolone or Swiss work as alternative cheese options.
- Provide of Beef broth can sub for French onion soup.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the instructions on serving French Onion Skillet:
- I pulled everything out of my fridge and pantry that needed to be used up TODAY. Then I tapped my foot with my hands on my hips, tilted my head and chewed on my lip, wrinkled my forehead and…. Well this is where I ended up…..
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter in an iron skillet, or an oven proof skillet. I use a skillet because I'm going to cook, stick in the fridge and reheat after my kids basketball game..
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cube bread into 1" or hearty bite sized pieces, needs to hold up during saucing process but not so big you need to cut it up later..
- Once butter has melted and just started to brown, throw in the bread, move around to cover the bottom of the skillet but do not toss it. You want an even layer of buttered, slightly fried bread. Remove from heat once bread has started to brown..
- Next, top with meat. I minced up some leftover steak in my food processor and sprinkled it all over. With the flavor combinations in this recipe, red meat definitely works best, but you do not have to mince the meat, just avoid large pieces that will require additional cutting at serving time..
- Then I pulled out some leftover canned mushrooms.. Sighed… I went to the store today, failed to buy some fresh fungi and this is what I'm left with. Which, as I took the picture I had the realization they may be the ugliest of the foods. Proceed to chop the mushrooms, continue to contemplate using a grocery list…. Sprinkle those ugly little pieces of yumminess on top the bread and steak skillet..
- In a bowl whisk 1 can French onion soup and 8 oz. of sour cream together. If you only have a partial container of sour cream, just add some milk or cream to make up the difference..
- Pour the sour cream mixture on top of the skillet meal you have assembled..
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes..
- Shred 8 oz. of mozzarella or as much cheese as you want, or until your arm gets tired, or until you hit your knuckle on the cheese grater…. Probably works to tear open a package of shredded cheese too… I didn't buy any at the store today… Grocery lists people….
- Now decide how soon you're going to eat… If you are hungry go ahead and top the skillet with the cheese and pop it back in the oven for a couple minutes or let it sit covered while you pull together the rest of your meal. For me this is a make ahead meal, so I shredded my cheese on a piece of foil. Then I wrapped it up in a little pouch and threw it in the fridge with the cooled, prepared skillet. "Threw" may not be the appropriate verb here..
- Later….. I pull skillet out of fridge, top with cheese, cover with foil, and heat on the stove top over a medium low heat… While trying to get my kids to shower and put away their sports gear and I try to find my cork screw and wine (which strangely enough I remembered without a grocery list….) Hmmmm……
- Enjoy :).
Made with perfectly juicy, cheese-filled turkey meatballs, caramelized onions, and melted Gruyère cheese. The onion flavor is definitely mellowed against the chicken, and the chicken has a nice kick that is anything but bland. Jump to Recipe • Print Recipe. Saucy, melt-in-your-mouth chicken cutlets smothered in caramelized onion gravy and topped with melty Swiss and provolone cheeses? This quick meat and potato skillet casserole is layered with onions,spinach, Swiss cheese and frozen hash browns for a.
Recipe : French Onion Skillet
What you consume, is who you might be. This really is so right. If you gobble some poultry that chicken will be broken down and the amino acids are going to be used to restore cells and create muscle. So be careful with the food you consume as it can really create a difference. Knowledge of how our diet effects our wellbeing and also the nutrition we need has led to more of us eating superfoods. But what exactly are superfoods? We can in fact say that a number of foods help to increase our health and others do not. Putting on fat is just one of the issues with eating the incorrect fare and, vs this, a good food may give you health as well as keeping you healthy. Superfoods, as you’ll have guessed, come under high-quality foods.
In the end, your body wants the best nutritional foods to carry on. Carbohydrates provide energy for the body, protein is important for the health of one’s body’s cells and a particular degree of fats is required. In addition, the other fundamental factor in all of this is water to drink. There are additional areas of nutritional value that you may not pay attention to including various vitamins and minerals. A fatty acid that we currently know more about is Omega-3 and it helps the fight against the destructive form of cholesterol. Superfoods are rich in several of these nutrients and one such food is salmon for its protein content along with the fatty acid, Omega-3. An additional good thing about Omega-3 as you get older is how it is known for a positive effect in your brain’s health. Several superfoods have Omega-3 including nuts, seeds and several types of fish.
Superfoods even have another health quality in how they boost your resistance. Garlic is often a popular superfood that can provide your immune system an actual boost, that will help your system beat back sicknesses. One benefit of ingesting garlic could be in how it helps to reduce your cholesterol. If you’ve got a easily upset stomach then it is best to not have garlic as it can irritate the lining. Green tea can be an alternative for you, particularly if the idea of drinking lots of water, which as previously stated is a crucial factor in your overall health, is something you cannot do. Green tea is great because it contains something called polyphenols, which includes a lot more antioxidants than Vitamin C. One additional area where green tea seems to possess a benefit is in helping to stop the development of tumors.
Lycopene is definitely an antioxidant obtained in tomatoes which is why they are also considered to be superfoods. As said, natural vitamins are important plus a B vitamin called folate is obtained in spinach. Spinach could help during your later years due to lutein in it which will help inhibit you from going blind.
Superfoods are definitely worth ingesting as they offer you a lot of vitamins and minerals and health boosting vitamins that you could be otherwise not take in through your normal diet.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a appetizing meal. If you find this web page fruitful Sharing this web site to your friends is the deal Hope that your French Onion Skillet makes your day cheerful.