What’s up guys, welcome back to the most excellent receipes web site. If you are searching for tasty Mapo tofu recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only provide excellent Mapo tofu recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mapo tofu recipe. You can cook mapo tofu using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to make a appetizing Mapo tofu:
- You need of For the mince meat seasoning:.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of fine salt.
- Get 1 of cap of Shaoshing Rice Wine.
- Provide of Thickening mapo tofu sauce:.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of corn starch.
- Prepare 1-2 tablespoon of water (to create a liquid paste).
- You need of Making the mapo tofu:.
- Use 1 tablespoon of cooking oil (or any cooking oil of preference).
- Use 1-2 teaspoons of Sichuan peppercorns (add more or less depending on spice level preference).
- You need 2 teaspoons of ginger, finely minced or grated.
- Take 2 of spring onions, finely sliced (stalk part for cooking, green part for garnish).
- You need 500 g of mince pork (or any other mince meat depending on preference).
- Use 2 of medium garlic cloves, finely minced or grated.
- Prepare 500-600 g of medium firm tofu or silken tofu, drained and cut into 3/4 inch cubes (add more or less depending on preference).
- Use 1/3 cup of frozen peas (add more or less depending on preference), soaked in warm water.
- Prepare of For the mapo tofu sauce:.
- Take 2 tablespoons of La/spicy Doubanjiang (chilli broad bean paste).
- Use 1 tablespoons of Non-spicy Doubanjiang (broad bean paste).
- You need 1-2 tablespoon of crushed Yellow bean sauce (add more or less depending on preference).
- Provide 1-2 tablespoons of spicy chilli sauce (or spicy crushed garlic sauce if not using fresh garlic).
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of white pepper.
- Get 1-2 cups of hot water (from kettle).
- Prepare of Garnish:.
- Take of Spring onions, finely sliced.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on producing Mapo tofu:
- In a bowl transfer the mince meat and season with white pepper, salt and Shaoshing rice wine. Set aside..
- Finely chop the garlic, ginger and spring onions and set aside. In a wok on medium heat, heat up the oil, add the Sichuan peppercorns and cook until fragment. Then add the ginger and the chopped stalks of the spring onions and stir occasionally to prevent burning. Cook for 1-2 minutes..
- Add the mince meat and break it into small grains (to avoid getting clumps) using a wooden spatula. When the meat is almost cooked add the garlic and stir occasionally to avoid the garlic getting burnt..
- When the meat is cooked add both types of doubanjiang stirring to distribute the paste evenly, then add the rest of the sauces. Let it cook for a few minutes so the meat can soak in the flavours of the sauces. Then add the hot water (pre boiled kettle water) and let it simmer. Reduce heat to low for 5 – 7 minutes and cover with lid. Taste the sauce and amend if needed (add more spicy chilli sauce for hotter, white pepper or non spicy doubangjiang etc)..
- Gently place the cubed tofu into the mixture. Tip: gently stir and mix the tofu in to avoid it loosing its shape and breaking apart. Let it cook for 1 minute. Lastly, add the peas and gently stir and incorporate into the mixture..
- In a small bowl add the cornstarch and water. Stir well until the mixture has dissolved into a liquid paste..
- Now add cornstarch mixture to wok. Stir everything gently, place a lid on the wok. Leave to simmer and turn the heat to very low heat for 5 – 10 minutes until the sauce thickens. Tip: if the mixture is still thin add a little more cornstarch liquid to make the sauce thicker..
- Once the sauce is to desired thickness, to finish off garnish the mapo tofu with the finely sliced green part of the spring onions. Then transfer into a large serving bowl. Eat and and serve immediately while hot. Eat it with a bowl of rice and some side dishes like steamed or panfried vegetables..
Mapo Tofu (麻婆豆腐) is a fiery Sichuan pork and tofu stir-fry with the hallmark málà(麻辣) balance of tongue tingling and spicy. Mapo tofu (麻婆豆腐, ma po dou fu) is one of the most popular classic Sichuan dishes. It has a spicy, pungent, and appetizing flavor that goes perfectly with steamed rice. I love cooking mapo tofu for a. I love this recipe as I can enjoy the kick-in-the-tongue sensation and the.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a enjoyable meal. If you find this site helpful Sharing this site to your mates is the deal Hope that your Mapo tofu makes your day cheerful.