Greetings to everyone out there, welcome back to the most pleasing receipes page. If you are searching for tasty Vegan Jackfruit BBQ recipe, you are now at the right place. We only prepare excellent Vegan Jackfruit BBQ recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vegan jackfruit bbq recipe. To make vegan jackfruit bbq you only need 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Here are the ingridients that are required to produce a delicious Vegan Jackfruit BBQ:
- Prepare 1 Can of Young Green Jackfruit Drained.
- Take 1 Cup of Smoky BBQ Sauce (Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe Coming Soon).
- Provide 1/2 of of a Small Spanish Onion Diced.
- Take 1/4 of of a Red Bell Pepper Diced.
- You need 1 Tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Use 1 Tsp of Chili Powder.
- Use 1 1/2 Tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbsp of Lime Juice.
- Take 1/2 Cup of Lager (The Cheaper the Better).
- Prepare 1 of Very Small Pinch of Salt.
- Use of Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Hamburger Buns.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the steps on preparing Vegan Jackfruit BBQ:
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat..
- Add in the diced onion and pepper and season with a very small pinch of salt and pepper. Remember that your BBQ sauce is very salty so you do not want to overdo it with the salt. It is just to get them to start sweating..
- Sauté the onion and pepper until the onions begin to turn translucent. When they do, dump in the drained jackfruit and lower the heat to medium-low..
- The jackfruit will likely come in large triangular chunks out of the can. Use a wooden spoon to break them apart as best you can. It might put up a fight, but keep at it! They will soften as you cook, but you want the pieces to be as small as possible..
- When the jackfruit is as small as it will go, add the garlic powder, chili powder, and paprika and mix until everything is coated with the seasoning..
- Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes and then de-glaze with your lime juice. Stir until the strong scent of lime dissapates and then pour in the lager..
- Turn the heat down to a simmer and allow the lager to cook off for about 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally to avoid sticking..
- As it cooks, the jackfruit will become easier and easier to further break apart with the spoon. Once it reaches the general consistency of pulled pork, add the BBQ sauce and mix in until the whole thing resembles a pan full of pulled pork BBQ..
- Allow to cook in the sauce for another 5 minutes or so before removing from the heat and serving on hamburger buns with a dollop of extra BBQ sauce on top..
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a well done meal. If you find this site fruitful Sharing this web page to your acquaintances is the deal Wish that your Vegan Jackfruit BBQ turns your day cheerful.