Hello bro n sis, back with us in the most pleasing receipes web site. If you are looking for best Asparagus, spring onion and feta quiche recipe, you are now at the right place. We only serve excellent Asparagus, spring onion and feta quiche recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to asparagus, spring onion and feta quiche recipe. To cook asparagus, spring onion and feta quiche you only need 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to produce a perfect Asparagus, spring onion and feta quiche:
- Provide 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- Get 1/4 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, packed grated.
- Provide 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese, grated.
- Take 1/2 tsp of red chilli flakes.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of dried rosemary.
- You need 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- Get 100 gm of unsalted butter(cold),grated.
- You need 5 tbsp of buttermilk,cold.
- Prepare of Ingredients for the filling.
- You need 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Take 2 of & 1/2 cup spring onion(bulbs).
- Use 11 bunch of (400-450 gm approximately) asparagus, cut into 1" pieces.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt,divided.
- Use 1 tsp of black pepper powder, divided.
- Provide 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of spring onion leaves, chopped.
- Use 2 tbsp of parsley, chopped.
- You need 1/4 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- Provide 1 cup of feta,crumbled.
- Prepare 8 of eggs.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the sequences on serving Asparagus, spring onion and feta quiche:
- For the pastry: In a bowl add all the ingredients for pastry except butter and buttermilk. Mix well..
- Add the grated butter and using fingertips mix into the flour until a sand like consistency is reached..
- Add cold buttermilk gently bring it together slightly. Tip into a clean, lightly floured surface..
- Gently bring the dough together until it all comes together..
- Flatten the dough into a disc.Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 190 degree.
- Gently roll out the dough and place in a greased 10" pie/quiche pan.Use a fork to prick holes over the bottom of the pastry. Blind bake the pastry For 12 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack..
- Fill with the quiche filling.
- For the filling : In a skillet melt butter. Add garlic and spring onion bulbs. Saute on medium heat till onions soften and start changing colour…
- Add asparagus along with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper powder. Saute on low heat for 8- 10 minutes. Remove from heat and keep aside..
- Place half the onion mixture in the pastry shell and spread evenly ;sprinkle half the crumbled feta on top. Spoon half the cream mixture over the feta. Repeat layer once more..
- Bake in preheated oven @ 180 degree centigrade for 55 minutes to1 hour until set and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean..
- Remove to a cooling rack and let col for 20 – 30 minutes before serving..
- In a medium size mixing bowl add cream, spring onion leaves, parsley, nutmeg powder,1/2 tsp salt,1/2 tsp pepper powder and eggs. Whisk together using a balloon whisk until all the ingredients are well combined.
Spring vegetables shine in this easy, simple quiche. There's nothing more versatile than a quiche. Since spring veggies are abundant right now, we sauté up asparagus and spring onion with thick-cut crispy bacon chunks. This mixed with a creamy, custardy quiche base goes into a soon-to-be flaky. Add the sliced spring onions and asparagus and saute until tender, about four to five minutes.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a delicious meal. If you find this internet site useful Sharing this page to your buddies is the deal Wish that your Asparagus, spring onion and feta quiche turns your day joyful.