Greetings to everyone out there, back with us in the most interesting receipes site. If you are searching for best Cheddar Cheese & Garlic Soda Bread recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only serve excellent Cheddar Cheese & Garlic Soda Bread recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cheddar cheese & garlic soda bread recipe. To cook cheddar cheese & garlic soda bread you need 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to make a heavenly Cheddar Cheese & Garlic Soda Bread:
- Get 250 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 250 g of plain wholewheat flour.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda.
- Take 1 teaspoon of caster sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Use 300 ml of buttermilk.
- Use 4 tablespoons of store bought garlic butter.
- Provide 100 g of Cheddar cheese, grated.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the sequences on cooking Cheddar Cheese & Garlic Soda Bread:
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Grease a baking tray..
- Sift the flours, bicarbonate of soda, sugar and salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the middle and pour the buttermilk into the centre. Use a large spoon to mix the flour mixture into the buttermilk so that it forms the dough. Remove from the bowl and just give it a quick knead so that it forms a nice smooth dough..
- Flatten it out into a circle of about a diametre of 35cm. Using a very flexible spatula or knife spread the garlic butter over the dough but not to the edges, leave about 3cm free..
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the top of the buttered area. Fold the circle over itself so that you have a semi circle and then seal down the edges. Rework the dough back into a circle, this time about 18cm in diametre with a bit of a dome to it. Slash a cross in the top of it with a sharp knife and then transfer to the greased baking tray..
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes. When it comes out, if you tap the bottom it should sound hollow. If it doesn’t just give it 3 to 5 minutes more. Allow to cool on a wire rack, however it can be eaten warm (just watch that oozing butter!).
- Probably best to be eaten within 24 hours. Would easily work as a side to things like spag bol..
A firm, cow's milk cheese that ranges in flavor from mild to sharp and in color from a natural white to pumpkin orange. You can change the flavor of. Cheddar, quite possibly the most famous cheese in existence today, has been inspiring food lovers for decades. The origins of cheddar cheese are ancient. Savory, sharp, and always available, Cheddar cheese is a great choice to use in appetizers, breads, casseroles, and even desserts.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a delicious meal. If you find this web site helpful Sharing this page to your friends is the deal Hope that your Cheddar Cheese & Garlic Soda Bread makes your day cheerful.