Hello guys, welcome back to the most interesting receipes web page. If you are looking for tasty Jackfruit Steamed Pudding recipe, you are now at the best place. We only serve excellent Jackfruit Steamed Pudding recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jackfruit steamed pudding recipe. You can have jackfruit steamed pudding using 16 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to make a tasty Jackfruit Steamed Pudding:
- Get of Fruit:.
- Get 3/4 cup of butter milk or milk.
- Prepare 1 pound of jackfruit.
- You need of Dry:.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat or regular flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of turbinado sugar or light brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Take 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Get of Base:.
- Prepare 3 of eggs (I use large).
- Provide 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter.
- Provide 1 1/2 cups of bread crumbs (try parmesan seasoned).
- Provide 1 tablespoon of Orange zest (or 1 teaspoon Orange flavor).
- Prepare 1 cup of walnuts (optional).
Done with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on serving Jackfruit Steamed Pudding:
- Measure out your fresh jackfruit.
- This is what it looks like, seeds have been removed prior to this..
- Chop your jackfruit up, I just pulsed it in my food processor until it was about raisin sized. It was somewhere around 2 cups (give or take) like this..
- Add the milk and jackfruit together, place on a pot on medium low heat to warm it (not cook) through and pull out some of the fruit flavor. About 10 minutes, Do not boil..
- Mix all dry, ingredients together in a bowl, set aside..
- Melt butter.
- Add eggs to a bowl. Wisk them together. Add melted butter while whisking, wisk until frothy..
- Add Orange zest/flavor, whisk in. Add bread crumbs..
- Mix bread crumbs with egg mixture, it will be thick..
- Add fruit milk mixture and stir in. Notice I switched from a wire whisk to a spatula..
- Add dry mixture, stir together.
- If using nuts, add now and stir in. I didn't use any this time, it's very good either way..
- Now it's time to decide how you want to cook it. A pudding mold in a stream bath (what I do) or a Bundt pan in a water bath in the oven. If you are using the oven method, preheat oven to 350 F..
- Oil spray your cooking pan of choice, and spoon the pudding into it..
- Cover the pan with lid, or foil. Pudding mold, I use a Dutch oven with a spacer from my pressure cooker. If using a bundt pan, get a casserole or oven safe pan large enough to put your bundt pan in..
- Add enough water to come up about 2/3 the way, or as much as the pan you are using safely allows..
- If using the pudding mold, bring water to a simmer, cover Dutch oven. For the oven method, place in oven. It maybe safer to add water once it is in the oven..
- Cook for 3 hours. Check water level every so often, add more if required..
- Allow to cool, and remove lid.
- If you had it in the refrigerator to cool, I submerge partially in warm water to warm the mold and loosen the pudding, and invert onto a plate..
- Slice into smallish pieces, it's so dense and moist, this is just the way to do it. (trust me, big is not always better).
- Bare piece, before sauce or whipped cream.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a delicious meal. If you find this site useful Sharing this internet site to your friends is the deal Wish that your Jackfruit Steamed Pudding makes your day joyful.