Hi people, welcome back to the most excellent receipes site. If you are looking for delicious Harive Soppu Bendi / Amaranth leaves curry recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only serve excellent Harive Soppu Bendi / Amaranth leaves curry recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to harive soppu bendi / amaranth leaves curry recipe. You can cook harive soppu bendi / amaranth leaves curry using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to cook a yummy Harive Soppu Bendi / Amaranth leaves curry:
- Get 3 cup of amaranth leaves packed.
- You need 1 tsp of jaggery.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Provide 1.5 cup of grated coconut.
- Use 1 tsp of cumin.
- Provide 2 of green chillies.
- Prepare of For Tadka -.
- Use 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Use 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of udad daal.
- You need 1 of dry red chilli.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of hing.
- Use 8-10 of curry leaves.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on preparing Harive Soppu Bendi / Amaranth leaves curry:
- Wash amaranth leaves properly and chop them. Use the tender stems too. In a pot, take two cups of water, add some salt and jaggery. Now add chopped amaranth leaves and cook it for 3 – 4 minutes until the leaves wilt..
- Grind coconut, cumin and green chillies into a smooth and thick paste adding little bit of water..
- Add coconut paste to amaranth leaves and mix everything well. Cook it for 8 to 10 minutes. Adjust salt and mix..
- To prepare tadka, heat oil, add mustard seeds and let it crackle. Now add udad dal, pieces of dry red chilli, hing and curry leaves. Turn off the gas. Pour this tadka over the prepared curry..
- Serve amaranth curry with hot steaming rice or dosa..
First and foremost, chop the root from the leaves and wash it thoroughly under the running water. Harive soppu or dantina soppu sambar is a very simple sambar with minimum ingredients. This is a no dal sambar prepared using amaranthus leaves. And masala ingredients or spices are not roasted in this sambar so it is also called by name hasi masale huli. These are home grown leaves and I thought of preparing dry curry.(Palya in Kannada).
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a well done meal. If you find this site fruitful Sharing this web site to your families is the deal Hope that your Harive Soppu Bendi / Amaranth leaves curry turns your day joyful.