Hi people, back with us in the most pleasing receipes web site. If you are looking for tasty Lamb shank tagine (cooked in a tagine pot) recipe, you are now at the right place. We only provide excellent Lamb shank tagine (cooked in a tagine pot) recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lamb shank tagine (cooked in a tagine pot) recipe. You can have lamb shank tagine (cooked in a tagine pot) using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a appetizing Lamb shank tagine (cooked in a tagine pot):
- Use 2 of lamb shanks.
- Get 1/4 cup of olive oil (60 ml).
- You need of Garlic.
- Get 1 tsp of ras-el-hanout.
- Prepare 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Use 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Get 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of freshly ground pepper.
- Get 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Use of Salt to season.
- Take 3 of potatoes.
- Use 2 of carrots.
- Take 2 of medium onions.
- Use 1 of small squash.
- Use 1 of pointed red pepper (or a bell pepper).
- Provide of Some green olives.
- Get 1 of preserved lemon.
- Provide Handful of parsley.
- Prepare 2 cups of cooled chicken stock (about 475 ml).
- Use 2 tsp of harissa paste.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on producing Lamb shank tagine (cooked in a tagine pot):
- Get your tagine and vegetables ready. I had this selection of vegetables from #seasonsupply but feel free to experiment with other vegetables..
- Prepare your vegetables: cut your onions into rings, potatoes into quarters, squash into bite sized chunks. Half carrots in length and then cut them into halves or quarters..
- Pour the olive oil into the tagine and scatter the onions on top. Crush the garlic on top of the onions. I used 5 gloves as I love garlic, but feel free to use less. Place the shanks on top as shown on the picture..
- Combine all the spices, plus pepper and some salt (not the harissa paste) in a bowl. Sprinkle about half of the seasoning over the meat and onions..
- Prepare the stock: I used 2 cups of water and 2 chicken stock cubes. Add 2 tsp of harissa paste into the stock. Let the stock cool down as adding hot liquid to a cold tagine can cause thermal shock and crack the tagine..
- Add the rest of the seasoning to the vegetables and spread evenly..
- Top the lamb shanks with the seasoned vegetables. Now top the tagine with pepper, olives, preserved lemon (cut into quarters) and sprinkle with some chopped parsley..
- Pour the stock carefully into the tagine near the side so you don’t wash away the spices of the vegetables..
- Put the lid on the tagine and place it into cold oven. Turn the oven on 160C. Don’t touch the tagine for at least 2 hours (unless you feel something burning). After 2 hours check if the tagine has plenty of liquid and add a bit more of its dry. It should be nicely bubbling..
- My tagine was ready after 3 hours and 40 minutes. Serve with some bread or couscous. I pimped up my couscous with some chickpeas, fresh herbs and dried fruit..
Add the lamb shanks and turn in the mixture to coat them evenly. Pat the lamb shanks dry with paper towels. Make-Ahead Plan: Assemble the dish and bake. Lamb Shank Tagine with Sweet Dates & Pomegranate. Heat the ghee in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a well done meal. If you find this page helpful Sharing this internet site to your buddies is the deal Wish that your Lamb shank tagine (cooked in a tagine pot) turns your day cheerful.