What’s up guys, welcome back to the most excellent receipes page. If you are looking for pleasing Gumbo recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only serve excellent Gumbo recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to gumbo recipe. You can have gumbo using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
Here are the ingridients that are required to prepare a heavenly Gumbo:
- Take 3 tbsp of Shortening.
- Provide 4 tbsp of All-Purpose Flour.
- Use 3/4 cup of Onion, coarsely chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of Green Pepper, coarsely chopped.
- Get 2 lb of Chicken, boneless and skinless.
- Provide 3/4 lb of Smoked Sausage.
- Take 2 cup of water.
- Take 1 lb of shrimp.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Red pepper flakes, crushed.
- Use 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- Get 1/4 cup of green onion.
- Provide 1 cup of okra, cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Provide 1 tsp of file (optional).
- Take 4 cup of rice.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the steps on preparing Gumbo:
- Melt shortening in large saucepan or kettle over moderate heat. Stir in flour and continue stirring until mixture turns light brown..
- Add onions and green peppers and stir until well mixed. Continue to stir on occasion for about 5 minutes until vegetables are crisp and tender..
- Add chicken and sausage and stir in water. May need to add more water if mixture appears thick. Cover pan and simmer 35 minutes..
- Add shrimp, salt, black pepper, tomato paste, green onions, and okra. Add more boiling water if necessary. Cover pan and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add file just before serving over hot rice..
This is a beloved recipe shared with me by a native New Orleanian. Gumbo is a soup or stew that is served alongside or on top of rice. Jambalaya is a casserole that is cooked in the same pot as the rice. New Orleans Gumbo has been called the greatest contribution of Louisiana kitchens to American cuisine. It is the quintessential dish of New Orleans with many versions of it.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a enjoyable meal. If you find this page useful Sharing this web page to your families is the deal Hope that your Gumbo makes your day joyful.